To all our clients and their members
The Plan Office is committed to continuing our operations throughout the COVID-19 (coronavirus) crisis.
As you know, the situation is evolving rapidly. We are following recommendations from the BC government and the health authorities to fight the spread of the virus by supporting social distancing guidelines and ensuring employees can self-isolate after travel and as needed. For us, as with all of Pacific Blue Cross’ departments, that means enabling technology so most of our staff can work remotely. This has been a major focus of our pandemic planning over the last 10 days. Shifting to a remote workforce will have some impacts on our day-to-day operations:
- The Pacific Blue Cross walk-in centre continues to be closed to the public. Instead of dropping off paperwork in the outside drop box, we are encouraging you to go digital.
- For information related to Health and Dental claims with Pacific Blue Cross, please refer to the general Pacific Blue Cross COVID-19 Resource Centre. This Resource Centre also includes helpful links to COVID-19 related sites.
- If your Plan provides for Weekly Indemnity benefits, please note that information and specific guidance will be posted shortly.
- With respect to services you would typically contact the Plan Office for, which may include questions related to eligibility, hourbank, and pension:
- We may be unable to take your calls during this time. If you must contact us by phone, please leave a message at 604-419-2440 and we will return your call as soon as possible.
- Email is the most efficient way to communicate with us. Please use our central email address for any new inquiries: email@example.com
- Paper-based processes may be delayed. To ensure we are able to process your paperwork (such as new pension applications) in as timely a manner as possible, we are asking that you submit them to us electronically.
- Monthly pensions for existing pensioners are paid by direct deposit and will not be impacted.
We will continue to provide updates and additional information on this site. Please check back often.
To keep you and your family safe, healthy and informed on COVID-19, we encourage you to visit the Government of Canada’s coronavirus information website . For more local information, go to the BC Centre for Disease Control or your local health authority website.